Intranet Application for Remote Team Work
Intranet Application for Remote Team Work
Harmonized with in-office activities
About the Client
As a public institution of national interest, our client is operating in the field of fishing, aquaculture and management of the market of fishery products.
The main role of the institution is to setup national strategy and specific regulations in its sphere of influence, as well as monitoring the implementation and compliance of such regulations.
Ropardo has extensive proven experience in handling complex software implementations, and we were excited to take on the project.
Our client was struggling with organizing the data regarding fishing vessels and boats, and the lack of a clear evidence of compliance in the fishery activities and the market of fishery products.
Before our solution, they used outdated software tools and ineffective procedures such as disparate spreadsheets, countless emails, and even pieces of paper. They were looking for a software to manage all their types of qualitative data, to enroll new fishing vessels and boats, to record modification history, to register new permits, and to have an accessible reporting module.
We built a solution from scratch, which perfectly fits the client’s requirements and could easily be extended by developing new functions fast.
The intranet supports internal management of domain specific entities like fishing vessels or permits and provides role base access to them based on the organizational hierarchy. The platform also acts as a public portal for interaction with citizens or private companies.
Ropardo delivered a robust intranet platform with various modules to prioritize the information employees work with. As a result of grouping many types of data, we created the following:
- Dashboard module ensuring visibility of all systems, actions, data outliers and correlations;
- Registry containing all records related to registered fishing vessels and boats. Considering the wealth of content, we implemented a reliable search engine and a categorization system. Despite the big volume of data, finding the desired information is very easy;
- Rich catalogue that covers all resources. This nomenclature-based model is also useful for defining and implementing policies on the conservation and management of the aquaculture;
- Notifications sending automated alerts to users based on implemented validation rules, referring to expired authorisations, unsynchronized flow, deviations from regulations, etc;
- Extranet feature showing real time information from external parties regarding their fishing activities. Based on this data, the system applies validation rules and issues statement to platform users;
- Easy forms and reports built as complex forms and templates for monitoring activities, reports offer the dynamics needed for a variety of information to be filled in. As employees conduct compliance actions on the sea, we made it possible to partially fill in the forms without internet connection. Later, the user can import its data into the system and forget about past concerns of losing the papers;
Using the intranet application has completely changed the way our teams work. Their efficiency is seen both in the results and in the more pleasant collaboration between colleagues and departments. And the fact that we have instant access to reports is an extremely valuable option for us. We love digital!
Marcel, Team Leader
Currently, our client enjoys a secure network for data management and a flexible space for collaboration with and among interested parties.
- Increased employee productivity > Allow employees to easily share information, content and best practices across disparate locations in an engaging experience at work.
- Streamlined processes > Reduce information overload and context switching; Increase productivity for in-office, remote, and deskless employee.
- Scalable documentation management > Provide an official repository of information for employees to access.
- Knowledge management > Preserve institutional knowledge and rapidly onboard new employees.
- Risk minimization > Use a secured platform, from data access to digital signatures.
- Easy compliance > Adapt fast to changes in regulations, implement and check from the same place.
Do you have a similar situation?
Tel. +40 269 231 037
ROPARDO is an independent leading software engineering company providing customers with key competitive advantages – Innovation, Quality, Timely delivery, since 1994.
With the latest tools and agile methods, we create beautiful highly performing products and platforms as well as user-friendly mobile, cloud or web applications to increase speed-to-market and deliver more frequent releases. Well-grounded in the Agile state of mind, our engineers are flexible in responding to any challenge. Yet, we have been here and successful before the Agile era, so trust us for classic approaches.
Level of Services
- Requirements management
- System analysis
- Risk analysis
- Process management
- Architecture design
- Project management
- Software test
Standardized ITMS Services
- Change management
- Problem management
- Incident management
- Release management
- Software Maintenance
- Performance tuning
- User training
Outsourcing to Ropardo
- Quality custom software development
- End-user satisfaction
- Short time to market
- Quantifiable value
- Guaranteed performance level
- Reduced and controlled costs
- Managed risks
- Good value-for-money