Oracle EBS Solution – development of customized functionalities
“The new solution allowed us to do lots more things and the overall activity is now more efficient.”
At the time the customer was running a premium ERP solution – Oracle E Business Suite was looking for a special module that had to cover business flows for animal husbandry activities.
In this sense, they asked for:
- Setup / Lists (Care takers, Livestock categories, Sections/Locations, Items/Products, Medicines, Fodder)
- Livestock management (Move, slaughter, etc.)
- Reproduction management
- Products management (stock load with specific items)
- Fodder (Acquisition, Production, Recipes, Consumption)
- Medicament Management and medicine tracking
- Full integration with existing ERP solution
Solution by ROPARDO
Ropardo has the necessary experience and technical expertise and most of all the pre-qualified human resources which are skilled in the particular domain of ERP – and especially on Oracle E Business Suite (EBS) required by the project. They have already worked on a large number of projects in the area, thus gaining long-time experience, which allows them to avoid downtime, since they have already encountered specific domain problems, have successfully dealt with them and have ready-made answers for most issues.
ADF Faces have been used for the visualization and data acquisition (View – the presentation), ADF Business Components for the data processing (model – the business) and JDBC / POJO / ADF Business Components for the persistent data.
The module runs inside the Oracle Application Server and is integrated within Oracle E-Business Suite via connectors and interfaces.
The integration with Oracle EBS module uses nomenclatures and workflows within the suite without the need of duplication.
Data security is ensured by using EBS responsibilities.
Reporting is realized with Oracle XML Publisher.
JUnit ensured standardized testing of application components.
PMD was used for quality code.
SVN was used to manage code and facilitate collaborative work.
After having unsuccessfully searched over Oracle EBS existing modules, ROPARDO team of business consultants proposed a customized module to respond to the customer’s requirements.
Based on our previous EBS technical experience combined with our consultants’ deep understanding of the customer’s business activity – animal husbandry, we designed a brand-new EBS module.
After the development phase, ROPARDO delivered:
- The application integrated into the EBS production instance (i.e. application form of war and ear; database as SQL scripts, etc.)
- All exploatation and administration documentation
- Procedures for quality assurance and tracking
The project was conducted using Oracle AIM (Application Implementation Methodology) because our team is familiar with this project management methodology that ensures all necessary tools and documentation.
- Business flows specific to the customer’s activity
- Request, procedure and process optimization
- Responsibilities per user profile
- Information management on the Internet
- Process and report standardization
- Rapid access to information for the company management
- Stock inventory, purchase planning
- Efficient overall activity
- Cost control
- Asset management