CockPit – monitoring app for better delivery results!
“It was time for us to take our business to the next level and improve our activity and logistic efficiency.”
The Customer decided to align its business activity to new technologies and explore them for better results inside the company and to its Clients. Distribution is a mobile-friendly area; a responsive web application is what the Customer can use to check order status in real time.
Solution by ROPARDO: Cockpit monitoring application
We built a responsive web application to monitor, display and analyze data collected from three specific modules:
- from the Picking App, CockPit reads and displays daily order information (date, client, products, quantities) and helps react fast to increase customer satisfaction;
- from the Truck Allocation app CockPit reads and displays information about order delivery per truck for an optimal distribution per truck. The list of active trucks includes count of orders per truck and delivery address, driver, order number;
- from the Temperature application, Cockpit helps monitor the temperature in each truck any time during delivery. Thus, complaint rates can be decreased.
Reporting on the KPIs
The reporting module includes a series of KPIs like Packaging Lead Time, Production and Logistics Processing Time, Truck Utilization Rate, Delivery Time, Delivery Costs, Customer Complaints Rate, Customer Satisfaction.
KPIs are calculated and compared with values before implementation based on the data extracted from the modules. Savings are clearly provided, building a valuable knowledge base.
To build Cockpit we managed and customized a series of modern technologies:
The project data storage is based on MySQL for quick processing.
MySQL – for quick processing of data storage; tables are normalized and mapped to PHP Entity Classes with Doctrine ORM
Nginx – powerful main web server, with JSON ensuring the data communication between server and the client
PHP Symfony – for the web application, structured to serve JSON data, while serialization is covered with JMS Serializer
HTML5 – for structuring and presenting content on the WWW
CSS – built with Bootstrap for the responsive application, it adapts to desktop, mobile and tablet devices
Openshift – to deploy all components in the cloud, so that we can scale the application based on the client’s needs.
Beneficiaries enjoy great outcomes of the application such as:
- 50% shorter time to identify order status
- 20% increase in productivity following manager’s independence from computer (replaced with an application optimized for devices)
- real-time monitoring of the car fleet per orders
- 4 to 75% overall savings