API Development for Treasure Hunt Game
API Development for Treasure Hunt Game
21,000 shoppers had been hunting treasures in Coresi Mall every day long before people went after Pokemons.
About the Customer
With a tradition of more than 35 years in the construction and management of shopping centers, the customer is the largest urban regeneration project in Romania and the first entertainment center in central city of the country.
It aims to become the main tourist attraction of the city and the region. To this end, a 2-hectare space has been allocated for leisure, cinema halls 8, 20 restaurants and cafes, and plenty of shops to suit all tastes.
Based on the customer’s requirements ROPARDO took up to develop an ingenious game app to prompt shoppers visit stores in a shopping center with a user-friendly and dynamic experience.
Solution: API Manager
For this, ROPARDO developed a powerful API for the application to identify in real time all users connected to access points in the site and push bonus points for them to “hunt” in the 200 shops and entertainment locations on the mall.
API Manager is a complete solution for designing, implementing and managing APIs.
API Publisher provides a rich set of capabilities to:
- Design > Plan and design a good RESTful API
- Implement > Deploy and test as a prototyped API (fast integration with Front End Application Development process)
- Manage > Publish and expose as a managed RESTful API
Treasure is the mobile application ROPARDO developed for the customers. Using VR (Virtual Reality), players can find different “treasures” hidden inside the shopping mall, accumulating discount points or super offers! The web browser is used to administrate the app.
- Mobile Apps
- Web App
- Live stream of phone location
- APIs to expose the functionalities to Mobile and Web apps
Agile Development Process
ROPARDO API-driven development process run by development teams by using a combination of API service mocking and test automation to deliver powerful APIs.
Using API Management platform, ROPARDO delivered fast results, starting from Proposal of the API to Release
Fast collaborative design of the API Specification and early deployment of the API Mock enabled:
- Frontend team members to deliver early results using REST API Mock and generated data
- Ability to provide early feedbacks to the back-end team
- Back-end team had chance to create Real API on iterations improving their performance and keeping the API Specification
Our software engineers are familiar with a range of tools and manual testing procedures. This time, we counted on:
- Java, PHP Symfony for development
- MySQL database
- Push Notifications
- Guzzle HTTP Client, RESTful web services for web services integration
ROPARDO delivers fast results:
- Design/Enhance REST API Specification
- Develop and Test REST API Mock
- Demonstrate and test the REST API Mock
- Create the Real API
Do you have a similar situation?
Tel. +40 269 231 037
ROPARDO is an independent leading software engineering company providing customers with key competitive advantages – Innovation, Quality, Timely delivery, since 1994.
With the latest tools and agile methods, we create beautiful highly performing products and platforms as well as user-friendly mobile, cloud or web applications to increase speed-to-market and deliver more frequent releases. Well-grounded in the Agile state of mind, our engineers are flexible in responding to any challenge. Yet, we have been here and successful before the Agile era, so trust us for classic approaches.
Level of Services
- Requirements management
- System analysis
- Risk analysis
- Process management
- Architecture design
- Project management
- Software test
Standardized ITMS Services
- Change management
- Problem management
- Incident management
- Release management
- Software Maintenance
- Performance tuning
- User training
Outsourcing to Ropardo
- Quality custom software development
- End-user satisfaction
- Short time to market
- Quantifiable value
- Guaranteed performance level
- Reduced and controlled costs
- Managed risks
- Good value-for-money